Saturday, April 23, 2011

Yeka is Nigeria's first Idol




Yeka is Nigeria's first Idol


Onyekachi Gilbert Elizabeth, popularly known as Yeka, has won the first ever Nigerian Idol. The 26-year-old Abia state born singer, who grew up in a music conscious family, walked away with the grand prize of N7.5 m, a recording contract and a brand new car after she was announced winner on Saturday, March 26, 2011. The singer, whose family said loved music so much as a child that she'd sing with birds, however had to be dogged to get enlisted in the show in the first place.

"I had my first auditioning in Enugu and I was rejected. Again I went to audition in Calabar and again I was rejected; because I am a very determined person and love to give everything a good fight I came down to the Lagos audition again and here I got a golden ticket," Yeka said.

Yeka's parents recorded an album many years ago and her brother, Iyk Onka, is a performing rock artist. At some point in her life she was a backup artist to a Reggae Gospel group, Buchi and she also did some professional modelling before opting for the Nigerian Idol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apostle Johnson Suleman Prophecies for 2021

  Apostle Johnson Suleman has released a shocking prophecy ahead of 2023 election.